Charity....is What Thm Is All About...

Ken,

I couldn't agree with you more.

It's surprising people like Frank Ford, who is a good guy, want to hang around there.

On the other hand, I guess there is something to "being accepted " by a tough crowd. I wanted those people to accept me and welcome me there. Then I wanted them to come here. I reached out to Paul Schoen and Brian Rupnow.

After that thread, I have nothing but disdain for all of them. George Bull doesn't even realize how bad it makes him and his magazine, Westin Bye, and everyone on his site look. I'd have deleted all but the first post.

Being accepted by a tough crowd is only bluster for the weak. They seem to think that being tough is a good thing. Sure, when you need to be tough about taking a stand for what is right, tough is good, but not tough for the sake of showing it as a perceived strength. Remember, Jesus wept. Anyone you know tougher than Jesus?

...... Jesus wept. Anyone you know tougher than Jesus?

My mother-in-law... She is a devout Baptist Christian and can recite every verse in the bible! And then some... She needs our prayers, too.

It takes someone tough to give himself up for others. Jesus died for all of us. We're supposed to live like Jesus, but we all know how tough it is.

I've been punished many times for opening my mouth for what I thought was right. I lost a promotion for 7 years. Cost me $56,000. Because I came out in public against a lying, piece of crap politician (from my own party.) No one agrees, but I think it was worth it. I'd do it again.

But with it all, I've never, ever, written a diatribe like the one at HSM to avoid making a $5 donation. That's all he asked for, and Paul Schoen goes off about his financial conditions and 800 credit score. That's sick.

Btw, Louis joined here, and I approved him.

Glad he joined. I think he will like it here. God works in unique ways.
Ken

Having read through this I have to say Bravo to the men on this forum! I am a "tough construction guy" who has had his share of tough times. I was raised to share what you had with whoever needed it period. If that meant a loaf of bread or $1000 then you did it, as you never knew when you might be the person who needed help. As was mentioned above, it is hard enough for a man to ask for help, why make him feel even worse by the pathetic commentary shown in those posts. Another thing I was raised to live by was if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all! Thanks for the great place to hang out Nels and thanks to all the administrators for their help.

Brooks, this place is what we all are making of it. It just happens that we have a group of mostly like-minded people who have come together. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. To me, it shows that there is a level of maturity still out there to be found. It's obviously not in abundance on the other machining sites.

I'm born and raised in NYC. You know what they say about us. We're rude , tough , uncaring , insensitive .

Last year around this time, I went to Holy Apostles Soup kitchen to volunteer . There were so many people helping out, I had to fight for a spot. I was on the scrape line. That's where you clean the trays. One coworker was eating all the apples that people left. I looked around. The diners weren't bums. They were regular people having a rough time. One guy was carrying a briefcase. He had a newspaper with the classifieds . All kinds of people need help. One day, God forbid, it may be us.

Especially around this time of year, one begins to think about charity.
In a way, charity is what this site is all about- and it is why it was started.
The idea is that people who have a lot of knowledge, like most of you guys, should be charitable to those of us who know little, if nothing. And that is precisely what has happened on this forum.
Those of you who know, have been kind to those of us who don't.

It's a beautiful thing, really...

Some people, of course, are not very charitable:
Ex: http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/72020-OT-Broken-Leg-needs-help

Ability doesn't always equate with charity, unfortunately.
Fortunately, there are many talented and charitable people on this forum to keep it going well.
We can always, always, always use more! So please join if you haven't and participate if you haven't.

In church, they mention that religion isn't about a building, a liturgy, or a ceremony. It's about living like Jesus or whatever God you believe in. It's about spreading the word in what you do, and to who.
Let's continue our mission in that spirit.
Nels,
Is there an account for Tony that will accept paypal? Maybe a donation button here like for the subscriptions? I'm trying to figure out how to send him a donation.

Thank You
Roy

Back