Changed my order to a Taig lathe

AGAS

Registered
Registered
Two of my dear friends that do model engine mods, recommended the Taig lathe because of the fine tolerances held which are very very important. I live 30 minutes from where the folks make them. i am going to visit them tomorrow with some of the parts it need to make and discuss the their machine.My drag race days were over 3 years ago. Now machine model engine parts flying model planes.... IMG_1046.jpgpic.jpgJoey's Toy Ready to go 24 May 2012 003.jpgs

IMG_1046.jpg pic.jpg Joey's Toy Ready to go 24 May 2012 003.jpg IMG_1627.jpg

Last edited:
If you're into hand work on a small scale, Taig is a very capable little machine. I had one for quite a while. I'm glad to have something a lot bigger now, but I did turn a 5" faceplate for my next lathe on the Taig.

Taigs have an excelent reputation for holding close tolerance, so I think you will be very happy with one for airplane parts in general. I have the HF 93212 7X10 with a few mods and it actually does very well holding tolerance also. It's a chinglish import so youre on your own for manuals, but there is a huge group who support them, just about everywhere too. A lot of owners have added CNC to their Taigs and they do some really nice, repeatable work so don't be discouraged when your first few attempts are less than stellar. It is indeed a learning "curve", but if I can figger it out then you definately can also.
Bob

Back