Cdco

Anthony G

Registered
Registered
I read through multiple postings about CDCO and the problems that some have had with their customer service and even sometimes the quality of merchandise. One of the messages I read had to do with not being able to contact CDCO by phone with the calls going unanswered. So, I thought I'd email them and ask them if they are still in business, etc. Here's the message I sent and the reply I received:

Inquiry: Are you guys still in business? I ask because on Hobby-Machinist.com. many people are saying that you're not answering your phone and some people haven't received their order or all of their order. I have an order to place with you, but don't want to place it until I know you're still in business and will ship it. Thanks

Reply: Thank you very much for the email. We are always in business and never stop for even one minute. You can call 1-800-417-2305 , 1-847-592-6130 to place the order , or to place the order on our website www.cdcotools.com , We also sell some items on ebay , on ebay we use the name: toolprecision . We ship the order everyday and very very busy.
Thanks again for the information.

Frank
CDCO Machinery Corp.
www.cdcotools.com

They are the cheapest (by far) on a 5C collet chuck that I'm interested in. I can't see paying an extra $100+ at other sites for the SAME Chinese collet chuck sold by CDCO for $139. I'm reasonably sure they're all made at the same Chinese factory. What does anyone else think?

I have purchased items from them before but never had any problems with their service or shipping. Seems that some people have had issues by what I have also read on the forum and another I watch. The only issue I have is that I purchased a collet set with the holder and seems that the collet size is something that only is made for this set so that means I can't purchase different or replacement sizes. By looking online other tool suppliers sell the same set so either from CDCO or the others I would now be in the same boat anyway. I also was drawen to them because their prices are for sure better than others for the same thing. All the other stuff I had ordered before always came in a very short time . I am in Wi. and they are on the boarder of Ill so could also have a bearing on the fast service. I feel that if I needed anything ( and am thinking of an order now) I will still give them a shot at the items if they have what I'm looking for. Just my 2 cents worth. Maybe I've just been lucky.

I have one of their 5c collet chucks with a 2 1/4" x 8" adapter on a Clausing 5418 lathe. It indicates about 0.0005" out with a 1" collet at the chuck, plenty good for me! I have not had any problems with them ever. Have placed 3 or 4 orders this year, last one was about 3 months ago.

Bruce

I also have ordered from CDCO without a single problem arising from flawed order filling or faulty products. Frank promptly answered my e-mails when I had any questions. I will continue to order from CDCO as long as their customer service is satisfactory and their prices are competitive.

Thanks to everyone for their positive messages. It certainly counters the negative things I have read and gives me some reassurance.

I certainly hope you never have any issues with Frank or his company. If you do ever have a problem, you will soon discover what all the negatives were about. Nuff said.

brasssmanget, I see that you are from Oak Creek, did you ever go to 7 Mile Fair ? A few years ago I went there because I hadn't been in years and Frank had a booth inside one of the buildings infact at that time I bought a few items directly from him seemed nice at the time. Another thing is that you being closer than I am did you ever take a drive down to his place to get anything handled if you had an issue? Just wondering because he is located in Schaumberg Ill. I have read that a few people were going to go to his place but they never posted after the fact as to how that came out.

To be honest, I had heard from others that Frank could be seen and reached at 7 M fair. However, after the numerous refusals to respond to emails and half a dozen phone calls that ended up with no satisfaction, I came to the conclusion it was better for me just to not deal with CDCO again. I'm not bashing him - if it works for you go for it. My initial experience was just fine when ordering a power feed for a x axis on my mill. The problems started after the part went to hell in a hand basket within 2 months and I was told too bad when I finally did get a response from him. [That took me calling him numerous times - always saying he'll look into it and will get back to me - which he never did BTW] No warranty on Chinese stuff he finally said to me. I actually found that amusing being he is also a foreigner. In any case, if you never have a problem with what you buy from them - should be OK. If you do - just save yourself a lot of time and effort and go somewhere else when buying it for the second time. :tranquility:

I have ordered from them several times. No issues. When they have a sale on QCTPH's I stock up.

Back