Cardboard End Mill Tubes, Where To Buy Them?

Mike Tracz

Registered
Registered
Hello,

I am having a tough time finding a source for 3/8" end mill tubes. I have a project (series of small turned parts) I'm working on and they fit perfectly in an old cardboard tube I have. The problem is, only one left, and a few sets to ship out.

It would be ideal if they were old and used but am fine with brand new stock.

Hope all is well and thank you in advance.

_Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered thin walled plastic plumbing pipes from the local big box hardware store?

Daryl
MN

Looks like the mcmaster tubes listed are about 10x larger than you want.

A while back I was looking for something similar. I ended up using acrylic tubing from tap plastics and some end caps off of ebay.

I ended up with something like this:

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

IMG_3160_zpsnayltnnb.jpg

search amazon for coin storage tubes . Clear plastic with tops

Awesome thanks guys! You got me looking in new directions. I found plastics test tubes and 'bead' holders for crafting too. I really wish the cardboard tubes that slip together were easier to come by. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello,

I am having a tough time finding a source for 3/8" end mill tubes. I have a project (series of small turned parts) I'm working on and they fit perfectly in an old cardboard tube I have. The problem is, only one left, and a few sets to ship out.

It would be ideal if they were old and used but am fine with brand new stock.

Hope all is well and thank you in advance.

_Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the minimum inside diameter you can use? I salvaged a number of 0bsolete shipping tubes from work, either ABS or butyrate. About 3' long and maybe approaching 3/8" diameter. depending upon your quantity needed, I may be able to help you out. You can PM me if you wish.

Another idea is test tubes. There are lots of plastic (and glass) ones on Ebay, various sizes, pretty cheap in larger quantity lots. They mostly come with caps, and racks are also available.

I have a box full of plastic and rubber tubing that I've salvaged over the years (I never throw anything away). I simply find a piece that the end mill fits in, and cut it leaving it long enough to use two little wood or plastic dowels to plug the ends. Works great and costs nothing. JR49

Back