Car Repairs You Should Definitely Avoid

this was great, I like the coil spring stuffed with tennis balls, but the woodies were pretty neat also.

At a former job we almost had the broken truck on the lift happen. It was a less than 10 year old Caddy. Mechanic started the lift and the body started to fold. Quickly got it on the ground. The car was parked on gravel all its life. Rotted away.
The machined rotor I have seen and photographed. The caliper seized to the spindle and the pad wore the outer surface of the rotor. Owner complained about a clunk. It was the inner half of the rotor bouncing around the hub. He never complained about the car pulling to one side.
Pierre

I think the best one was the air conditioner and generator combo. Where would those people be without zip-ties and duct tape?

the 4x4 front brake (2:24) is the worst one i have ever seen :bonesrock:
the wrenches holding on the tire (1:53) was priceless too!
the whole thing made me wince in agony :)

i bought a car at a auction once,drove it around the block , heard strange noise from front brake, no pads on one rotor !!!!! rotor was ok,went an bought set of pads to get it home, rotor only had minor scratches, makes me wonder, they drove it 60 mile to auction ..

I don't think I can bear to watch that vid, don't have the guts. hehe.

Back