Canadian On-line Metal Source

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
To the Canadians on the site - what is your source for on-line metal purchase of brass and aluminum?
I have been using McMaster-Carr but would like a source in CDN$ and no cross border shipping costs.

online metals has affiliates in canada.

Thanks Steve.
I had a look and, unless I am mistaken, all of their less than full sheet or full bar stock still comes out of the US via UPS.
They do seem to have done some reduction with respect to the highway robbery prices from UPS and their prices are much better than McMaster-Carr.
Jim

Don't you have any metal supply places in Moncton? They usually have offcut piles you can browse through or they will often cut to any length you want.

Another place is to goto the metal scrapers, you can get great prices and sometimes they have what you can use when your only looking for shorter stock. I've gotten some real good deals and the guy holds onto things for me becuase he knows what I am looking for.

Thanks Steve. Yes, I have a couple of go to places here in town but they only stock steel, aluminum and stainless.
No good places for brass.

Jim we have a metal scrap place in our small town. While they do have big stuff, they also take in scrap metal and sort it. I visit them periodically and ask if they have got and drops / cut offs in their recycle area. They are very helpful and often I can get some nice short lengths of brass, and they sell it to me at scrap prices. Also a got place to get some 6061 aluminum stock.

David

Are you able to get McMaster Carr to ship to Canada? I understood they discontinued most deliveries to Canadian customers (only large companies and institutions). I have a few orders cancelled on me, so I gave up on them.

Will they ship small orders to Canadian addresses?

Are you able to get McMaster Carr to ship to Canada? I understood they discontinued most deliveries to Canadian customers (only large companies and institutions). I have a few orders cancelled on me, so I gave up on them.

Will they ship small orders to Canadian addresses?

Chipper
Send me a PM and I will contact you on account set up.
Jim

Back