Can You Identify This Bench Grinder

chevydyl

Active User
Registered
I got this grinder awhile back for $50, it has 10" wheels, but the name plate has been painted over, I think someone used a wire wheel to clean it and brushed the name off, idk.
20150617_205827.jpg

Lol actually I think I found that it's a Sioux, 10" 3/4hp. A quick Google of "vintage bench grinder" yielded this image.
old bench grinder 2 sm.jpg.opt538x403o0,0s538x403.jpg

That image sure looks right (even the same stand?)......I'd consider that a steal at $50.
Does it run quiet without vibration?
Those lights look a little "war of the worlds".

-brino

btw: I'd be more than a little concerned about the flammability of those news papers and rags....even some vapour barrier burns surprisingly fast (and I learned that the hard way after making a dust cover for my welder)....please be careful!

Lol thanks for the advice, that's a very old picture.... well months old. My grinder is suuuuuuper smooth, not a matching stand, I built mine, the tube is drill pipe, and the base that's anchored to the floor is a pipe flange, oil field stuff I brought home from work. I did read something about the company that the grinders were 60s era, they very well could have made earlier versions.
If you look closely on the shelves about where the chainsaw is and the mineral spirits jug is, is the other guard, it's a home brew job, I got the grinder from an old man that sold me the atlas lathe, he's got bad to the bone drill press I've been eyeing, big ol floor model with a BIG table

Back