Can You Identify These??

Fairbanks

Active User
Registered
Greetings all! I bought a whole bunch of machining stuff and have these 3 items which I can't identify. Hopefully some one can help with this stuff. It might help to know that the machines that this stuff cam with are a Logan 10X24 lathe and a small B.C. Ames lathe.

The item on the left is called "The PROCUNIER" (whatever that is), the item in the middle is a mystery, items on the right I think do some thing with collets. I'm really not to sure about any of this, any help is greatly appreciated !!
Steve

IMGP0962.JPG

IMGP0963.JPG

The three on the right are collet blocks. Likely 5c.
They are handy. I sold mine here at HM. Went for an indexer.

The Procunier is a tapping head. Super handy.

The item in the middle peels oranges.
No actually, it might be some sort of lathe gage, or stop.
It appears to have mounts similar to what might be found on a follow
But, that doesn't make sense as I can't imagine how this would function.
Definitely an orange peeler!

Daryl
MN

The Procunier on the left is actually quick change tooling, not a tapping head. It is meant for installing the upper portion in your machine and putting your tool in the lower portion, To really be useful you need more lower portions to fit the jobs you are doing. Some of them are drill holders, some are tap holders. Scully-Jones and other companies also made them. The center item, no clue. Daryl was correct on the two collet blocks and collet closer, which are used with 5C collets for use in a vise for making square, hex, and other regular shapes by rotating them in a vise between cuts. They would typically be used on a milling machine.

Thanks for the help gentlemen! The video is very helpful.

Steve

Back