can anyone identify this model?

Yes at least on mine. You can find longer set screws but not in dog point that I could find (well except Fastenal but they wanted over $2 each!)
Another option would be to either turn down the end of some standard set screws or drill out the end and insert some brass pins.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/24936

Fastenal around here doesn't sell individual screws they make you buy the bag... I don't even know how they stay in business no private citizens have any use for the place.... I might try that 1" screw that u suggested earlier they were like 85 cents I think
and just get some thin lock nuts should work pretty good size wise.. now for those half nuts!!!

Reason stated in the manual was that the threads were somewhat finer than that of SAE and with the Allen screws the strength was better and better choices of lengths.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

This is a little OT, but... I can't comment on stockage or availability, but the other statement about finer threads being stronger than the same outside diameter coarser ones is obviously false. Look at any thread dimension table from Whitworth through ISO Metric and you will see that as the pitch decreases for a constant thread size (nominal outside diameter), the minor diameter of the thread increases. So in shear, the cross sectional area of metal in contact for one thread decreases as the thread gets finer. If the major and minor diameters of the male and female threads were all the same (no clearance and no allowance), it would be an exact wash. But since you have to have clearances in order not to be solid metal to metal (you couldn't turn it by hand) and allowances or you couldn't make it for less than megabucks, as the pitch goes down, the strength also goes down. It isn't much, and is generally ignored in thread strength tables (except for make-up torque). But it very obviously can't go up as claimed in that manual.

I woudn't worry about the brass tips. Find something that will work and make chips.
Thanks scruffy

yes brass tipped would be nice and all but this rig is 80yrs old and it made it this far without brass tips :p I gotta get off my ass and just order some! and some half nuts ouch

wow still on the hunt for those gib screws ....nothing local and most of the online places that do have them are selling by the 100lot which means high shipping and 93 bolts I will never use :(

Tell me what thread and length you need and I'll mail you some.
Scruffy

I think I have the gib screws covered, sent you a message. Now on to the half nuts. I wonder if their the same as a 820 ? If so I have 2 820's one with no wear that is apart. Haven't assembled it after bring it home from w.va. I'd like to try to make you them.
Thanks scruffy ron

I think I have ra's gibb screws covered. Bought some 1/4 by 28 by 1-1/4 allen heads. I' m going to chuck them in a collet , get rid of allen head, cut to length, cut slot and taper other end. Using machinist handbook for slot width and taper.
Total price for 8 screws and 7 jam nuts. 5.18.
Thanks scruffy ron

Thanks scruffy I appreciate the offer but I've already sent my half nuts off to a guy that that rebuilds them. I found his posts on practical machinist when I did a Google search....he's quite a bit cheaper then the new ones from logan

Back