Cad/cam Problem

Thanks to both of you for the help. I'm not in the shop until later today but will try out your suggestions and report back on what I find out.

Tom S.

Mostly "UC100 not found" and program stops running gcode midway through a cycle. Maybe it's time to reload Mach.

Tom S.

That is a UC100 issue. That is why I moved away from the UC100 on my mill and on to a Smooth Stepper. I put the UC100 on my router and have the same issues. That will soon get a smooth stepper board.

That is a UC100 issue. That is why I moved away from the UC100 on my mill and on to a Smooth Stepper. I put the UC100 on my router and have the same issues. That will soon get a smooth stepper board.

I was thinking it was "noise" related. Which smooth stepper did you go with?

Tom S.

Another thought is to change the the D2nc arc center mode to Absolute rather than Incremental.

Because the hole center is 0,0, you might get away with changing the following line

G50 (reset scale 1:1)
G91.1 (IJ relative arcs) change to G91 (IJ absolute arcs)
G20 (inch mode)

Not sure how that would affect things

Made a few test runs. Didn't go well. I added "X-.0321" to the line as suggested. The bore chamfer cut still not concentric to the bore. The perimeter chamfer cut looks fine. Next test I changed G91.1 to G91. Got the following error message, "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start. Block G02 X-1.475 Y-1.5780 Z-.029 I.0000 J.1250". Don't know what this means. I removed X-.0321 from the line in the first test. The error message did not go away which is what I expected. Changed back to G91.1 and the error message didn't reappear. Again, what I expected.

My intuition is telling me Mach is misinterpreting the gcode generated by my CAM program. Contemplating loading Mach version 062 to see if the problem goes away. Have any thoughts?

Tom S.

I recommend the Ethernet model ESS from Warp9 or CNC4pc. I have used it several times with no problems.

Ray

I have the ESS from Warp9. I use it with a PMDX-126 BoB and PMDX-107 spindle control board.

I think you're right, sounds like a Mach3 issue. I don't have an answer for you.

Can you send me your dfx file? I would like to create a tool path on my program and see how it compares.

I would start by getting a different version of mach3
.066 is junk so no matter what you should start there.
I'm using Version R3.043.057 without issue. the latter versions of mach3
were trying to fix lathe and the more they worked on lathe the worse mill got.
before installing an older version, make copies of your .xml files
after installing the earlier version, copy the .xml files you saved back into mach3 and you
will not have lost your settings.
uc100 may or may not have to be reinstalled, I can't remember
link to previous versions :
ftp://machsupport.com/Mach3/
Steve

Last edited:
Can you send me your dfx file? I would like to create a tool path on my program and see how it compares.

Here you go. I couldn't upload the dxf file so I changed the extension to txt. You should be able to change it back to dxf and load it.

Tom S.

Attachments

• Roll Bar Clamp Periphery Machining Drawing.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 4
Back