Busy shop day.

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Saturday was busy most of the day in the shop. I started with making a few carbide cutters with 1/2 inch shank for my
2 inch boring head by slicing some cross sections of a broken 5/16 end mill and silver soldering the carbides to 1/2 inch
rods. After that I made a holder for a new file I had picked up on Temu and also made a rebar chipping hammer of of some
left over scrap rebar pieces.

Since I am in this box making mode these days, I decided to make a box for the boring head and new associated tools so
used some red pine that I had sawed into boards several months ago. I made home made hinges and opted for a Temu stainless
steel hasp which was OK but my home made ones are actually my preference. They were inexpensive and fine for the
money ($1.50) since the ones I hand make take several hours to complete. In the end it worked out just fine and the hinges
I made by hand out of some old electronic cabinet junk.

This is the box I made to house the boring head and home made boring tools.

P1040174.JPG

Here's a photo of the boring head and home made carbide cutters along with a scabbard I made for a file and a little rebar chipping hammer.
P1040171.JPG

All in all it was a fruitful day. Today the wind is strong out of the south and we are expecting a major warm up shortly which
will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back