Busy Bee Df-1237g Questions

There are couple of threads on that lathe, Both called " Why nobody changes belts." I've installed a 2hp 3 phase motor and am installing a VFD and a tach right now.

Sorry, haven't been able to figure out how to post pics on here yet and will do so when I get a chance. But I did have another question for those with this type of lathe, there are a couple grease zerks to grease the back gear, and also another one under the spindle on the outboard side of the headstock. What grease should I be using in it? The manual doesnt even mention about these. Thanks all!

Any grease will do. I find High Presure grease to be affordable and seems to last longer than regular 'brown' generic grease.

I have your lathe sitting beside my shop under a tarp. If you need any parts let me know.

I have a question and this seems as good a place as any.

I have a BusyBee Rexcut lathe DF-1237G.
I would like to put a collet chuck on it and thought i had the right backing plate all picked out. I purchased 2 from little machine shop which is no mean feat with me living in Canada. both with 2-1/4" x 8TPI.
Oops.
I see from above and i tried one of them today, i need a 60mm 8 tip backing plate.

I am not sure if i have enough metal on the plate to change to 60mm and have room for threads after boring it out. That would be fine if it worked. If it won't work i will have to purchase a piece of 5" diameter rod and machine it down.

the question is how do i thread internally a 60mm x8tpi? Is it simply a matter of boring the hole to 60mm minus thread height and then setting the lathe to 8tpi to cut the thread?

Or does someone actually sell a backing plate with 60mm x 8tpi thread?

i do have an instruction and parts manual, however it mentions only a cam lock style chuck.

Thanks for any help

Ok, sorry to have posted I have found a wealth of info on the already much discussed topic else where on the site. I should have looked. My apologies.

Back