Busy bee craftex B048... Worth it?

With the condition of mill and extras you mention, I think you did ok. The weight is right at 1000 lbs so load carefully and secure it well. Will be waiting for pictures

Paul

Holy...in over my head...paid... now getting ready

The shop garage overhead door has been cleared and has just been opened for the first time in 8 years, I wasn’t ready for the beast. I am getting close though, just have to throw out a work bench and organize the space, bet most of you have had this problem one time or another.

Now it’s a matter of a mover. The base with wheels moves smoothly but there is just 2 inches of clearance. Everywhere is pretty much flat and concrete ground ‘cept for 10 feet of grass in front of the shop door.

The wheel base is 32 inches by 40 inches square , first thought is most lift gates have to be deeper than 32 inches...right? and can handle 1200 pounds. So i figure two guys and lift gate truck couple of 10 foot 2 x 12s should be simple enough.

Attached are some pics where it sits with the accessories... looks pretty clean to me and some of the accessories belong to a lathe so they will come in handy.

Thanks for all your support

IMG_2983.JPG IMG_2977.JPG IMG_2976.JPG IMG_2975.JPG IMG_2974.JPG IMG_2998.JPG IMG_2997.JPG IMG_2995.JPG IMG_2984.JPG

Looks to me like you are getting a sweet mill! I'd love to have one like it. I think you did just fine on the price. Enjoy!!!

That appears to be the same mill as Busy Bee's current CX603 mill. All they did with the new model was change the paint color. It is currently listed on their site at $4379 with no power feed or accessories. You got a great deal as far as I'm concerned. Nicely done! Be extra careful moving it, those things are very top heavy.:drink2:

You got a great deal on that package.

As to moving: do you have access to a small (5x10') tilt bed trailer? That will be the easiest method; you should be able to get it to door opening to unload. Just my suggestion, and this comes from moving the same model mill, I would take that wheeled base off. It is easy to move with 3 or 4 lengths of pipe for rollers; if you have to cross a section of grass, put down a couple of 2x6's

To move the mill, its come down to a a construction supply house guy with a hiab. The hiab has forks like a forklift, which seems like a pretty handy attachment on th end of that articulating arm. If I am lucky he will be able to stretch the mill into the shop, if not, I'm gettin some 2x12s and roll it in with some stabilzing from that arm

do you have access to a small (5x10') tilt bed trailer?

I like the tilt bed solution, it is very parctical idea, but no access. I'll keep it mind for another move.

All the pro movers want in excess of $450 cdn. And as hi as $588. The Hiab is between $135 and $200. Hope it works. just want to get it home and powered up.

That appears to be the same mill as Busy Bee's current CX603 mill.

Yes.. Same machine except the 603 has a reverse switch for the motor, very nice, and no power feed or 110v outlet for accessories like the light and ...whatever... Nice colour though

Well it made into the shop without incidient...yay...in the shop just have to wire the panel after the hockey game.

Giorgio

I think you got a bargin as well!!!

Small mills in this country are scarce!

Jim

Back