Burke Mill Rite on eBay, opinions?

starion007

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Burke has a good reputation , I don't know a lot about them, I f shipping is reasonable I don't see how you could go wrong if that is what you can use ....Good luck and remember
"He who hesitates has lost "

I have one myself. There is no fine feed on the quill, as you have determined. The price is right for shure. Its about 1200# so bring a trailer.I will be glad to answer anymore questions, if you have any.:D

Jake Parker

Did you buy it? The auction ended.

It was only about 25 miles from my house.

Yup I bought it, CTMills.com is the name of the shop its coming from. Supposed to have a set of collets, a bunch of end mills and a 4 or 5 inch american made vice. There is one sizable gouge in the table from an end mill but they assure me the T-slots are intact. The pictures I got from Jim looked like the scraping mark are still visible on the Y-axis when the table was pushed all the way in.
I paid $1000 for it and with all purchases like this I hope its as they describe. My buddy from work loaned me a VFD so I can get it running and check out the spindle, that way I can check it out and then get to cleaning it up.
Ill keep you posted on it and take some pics when it rolls in, should be about a week and a half. I'm sure I'll have some questions too.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Mark

If its not ok to mention where I bought it, i'll take it out of the post, just let me know.

It's fine mentioning where you bought it.

Take pictures when it arrives and keep us posted of your progress.

Did you find out how much it was gonna cost to have it shipped?

Marcel

When I first called the shipping broker I told him 900 pounds on a 4 x 4 x 5 size and the price was $388.40 but after reading here and on the net i'll be calling him Monday to set it up and i'll tell him 1200 pounds. So the price should be around $500 I think.
I'll let you know Monday night.

Mark

I set up shipping through freightquote.com and Adam Brenner. At 1200 pounds it cost $467 shipped using Yellow Freight. I'm having it shipped to a rigging company I've used many times called Allsouth Rigging, they are a great bunch to work with. I decided to go that route instead of trying to do it myself, no fuss no accidents. Here's a pic from the seller' I wanted to see the gouge on the table, they assured me the T-slots were intact and it was an end mill gouge not broken webbing. In another pic I could still see the scraping on the Y-axis.
Its going to be picked up on the 13th and should be in Florida by the next Thursday.

040.JPG

Mark

040.JPG

Back