Burke Information Files

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Some Burke Info Files.

Burke No 1.jpg P1010014.JPG P1010018.JPG P1010019.JPG P1010020.JPG Rear Seal.jpg

Attachments

• Burke #4 Horz Mill Front Seal Plate (1).txt
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Burke #4 Horz Mill Rear Seal Plate.txt
    98.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Burke_No_4_Arbors (1).pdf
    201.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Cylinder Stave Angle and Diiameter.xlsx
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Millrite Powerfeed install.pdf
    240.8 KB · Views: 28
  • EHSD0425.pdf
    398.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Millrite_purchasing_checklist.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Moving_a_Millrite.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 28
  • National_Things_To_See (1).xls
    40.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Selecting a DRO.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 23
  • tapers.txt
    377 bytes · Views: 33
The files marked .txt show up as a blank form on my Macbook. Anybody know how to get them to open properly?

Use a utility like " Microsoft Notepad" or Apple 'textedit'. Or any Linux text editor. Also MS Word 2016 for Mac apparently will open .txt files.

Apple text editor just gave me the program code. Gibrish to my eyes.

I did't get much useful either. The file "tapers.txt" is a text file but formatting has been lost so it's not particularly useful as it sits but should be easy enough to fix up. Some of the other txt files appear to be mostly hexidecimal with some header info. I downloaded the "Burke #4 Horz Mill Rear Seal Plate.txt" file and renamed the file changing the extension from "txt" to "rtf" and now it comes up fine in WordPad on Windows 10. I haven't had time to look at the others but if the content begins with "{\rtf1\" changing the extension to "rtf" will probably work.

Update:
Yes both of the "seal plate" files can be renamed and viewed in WordPad but the diagrams appear to be truncated.

About "rtf" files:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Text_Format

Last edited:
The taper file came up, but I get nothing with the other two, no matter what I do. No big deal.

I have updated the 3 files that I think are a problem. I renamed two "seal plate" files to change the extension to "rtf". I have hand edited the "tapers" file and converted it to html with table formatting.

Attachments

• Burke #4 Horz Mill Front Seal Plate.rtf
    100.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Burke #4 Horz Mill Rear Seal Plate.rtf
    98.7 KB · Views: 8
  • tapers.html
    1.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back