Building a Pulse EDM machine

Mark- your filter holder looks great! If anyone else is looking for a filter holder, be aware that many old oil fed home heating systems used remote spin on filters that would be perfect. Depending on where you live, these are easy to find. If you know an HVAC guy these old systems routinely end up being scrapped around here.
Robert

Mark- your filter holder looks great! If anyone else is looking for a filter holder, be aware that many old oil fed home heating systems used remote spin on filters that would be perfect. Depending on where you live, these are easy to find. If you know an HVAC guy these old systems routinely end up being scrapped around here.
Robert

That is a great idea. My old house had oil heat and a little filter head that held a cartridge filter to filter the fuel oil. I will be using kerosene for the dielectric anyway, so one of those would be perfect.

I mounted the up and down linit switches for the ram. Next is to make up a depth stop setup.
limit switches.jpg limit switches2.jpg

I made a cover for the ram and limit switches. I had an old 4" digital caliper that was modified for a DRO on another project and was discontinued using. I made a mount for this ram to use it here. I will be mounting a miniature limit switch on the side for the depth stop. I added a second down limit switch to the schematic so I have a down extreme limit switch and the depth stop switch is in series with the down limit switch.
Ram assembly1.jpg ram assembly5.jpg ram assembly6.jpg

Mark
Very nice, love seeing your progress and ingenuity. You are a true craftsman and I love reading all about it, even if I never build one. I will have had the best teacher.
Thank you.
Nelson

Mark
Very nice, love seeing your progress and ingenuity. You are a true craftsman and I love reading all about it, even if I never build one. I will have had the best teacher.
Thank you.
Nelson
Thank you , Nelson.

This is the almost completed ram.
Ram assembly8.jpg I still have to mount the depth stop limit switch on the right side. (you can see the wires sticking out. I also have to make the electrode holder ( I'm still working that out). I works just as it should.

Back