Building a Pulse EDM machine

Из Google Translate:

Здравствуйте, [USER = 65867] @alkg [/ USER].
Добро пожаловать в группу!
К сожалению, создатель этой ветки столкнулся с растущими проблемами со здоровьем, прежде чем смог завершить сборку.
Он решил серьезно сократить масштабы и продал большую часть своего магазина.
Он не писал здесь уже пару лет.
-brino

... а также на русском, опять же из гугл переводчик:
Привет . Очень жаль . Давно начал собирать, но забросил, и вот желание снова появилось. Я плохо знаю язык через переводчика

Although the machine can be built in a less expensive version, I have opted to build the more expensive version. If you only want a tap burner, it would suffice to build Ben Fleming's RC version machine. However, I always want to go for better. This pulse machine will be much more versatile and has the ability to to more intricate work with better finishes.
I used the parts list from Ben and ordered ALL the control parts new from the suggested supplier. Scrounging old electronics devices such as televisions and computers, I probably could save some money but this was mush easier and I have all the correct and new parts. The electronics order came to $317 including shipping. I also ordered the three transformers at a cost of $157 including shipping.
View attachment 225976
This pile of bags is the close to 100 components to stuff the PC bord and build the complete control for the EDM machine.

Following the book, I listed all the controls for the machine and made a layout for the front panel.
View attachment 225978
This is a drawing of the panel with switch and control knob locations. Yhe two large boxes in the center represent the meters for volts and amps.

The following drawing is the one that will go to the engraver.
View attachment 225979
The panel will be lasered onto an aluminum panel that is anodized black and the lines, numbers, and letters will be silver. This fancy panel comes at a price of $100 but will make a very professional looking machine. It will look "store bought" :grin:. I expect the final price of this machine to be around $600. I saved a lot of money scrounging for the materials to build the actual machine part. $475 of the cost is buying all the electronics new, which I felt was worth the time saved and the ease of building, but a good scrounger can cut this cost in half. While this sounds expensive, I looked at New comparable machines and they run close to $10,000.
I need this front panel file

Attachments

• 7BFA00E1-9155-4E73-81B4-744F6F4E5EE4.jpeg
    7BFA00E1-9155-4E73-81B4-744F6F4E5EE4.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 11
Although the machine can be built in a less expensive version, I have opted to build the more expensive version. If you only want a tap burner, it would suffice to build Ben Fleming's RC version machine. However, I always want to go for better. This pulse machine will be much more versatile and has the ability to to more intricate work with better finishes.
I used the parts list from Ben and ordered ALL the control parts new from the suggested supplier. Scrounging old electronics devices such as televisions and computers, I probably could save some money but this was mush easier and I have all the correct and new parts. The electronics order came to $317 including shipping. I also ordered the three transformers at a cost of $157 including shipping.
View attachment 225976
This pile of bags is the close to 100 components to stuff the PC bord and build the complete control for the EDM machine.

Following the book, I listed all the controls for the machine and made a layout for the front panel.
View attachment 225978
This is a drawing of the panel with switch and control knob locations. Yhe two large boxes in the center represent the meters for volts and amps.

The following drawing is the one that will go to the engraver.
View attachment 225979
The panel will be lasered onto an aluminum panel that is anodized black and the lines, numbers, and letters will be silver. This fancy panel comes at a price of $100 but will make a very professional looking machine. It will look "store bought" :grin:. I expect the final price of this machine to be around $600. I saved a lot of money scrounging for the materials to build the actual machine part. $475 of the cost is buying all the electronics new, which I felt was worth the time saved and the ease of building, but a good scrounger can cut this cost in half. While this sounds expensive, I looked at New comparable machines and they run close to $10,000.
Send this original drawing file

I need this front panel file

Hi @Arun,

Welcome to the group!

If I understand correctly you are looking for an original copy of the panel layout that @Mark_f posted above.
Is that right?

If so, I think it's unlikely. Unfortunately.
As I mentioned in post #180 above, I believe Mark has moved on.
He has not posted here in over two years.

I think that front panel layout was something Mark made for himself so it may be one of a kind, with him having the only copy.
Anyway, that's what I believe from his post. However I have not seen the book he was building the project from.
Maybe the book has some guidance in building the front panel.
Mark mentioned the book here:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/building-a-pulse-edm-machine.55621/post-458632

Good Luck!

....and if you also build one we would appreciate some pictures and a write-up here.
Feel free to start a new project post for your machine.

Brian

Does anyone know how mark did the beautiful front panel? I don't mean the artwork but the thing itself.

Back