Pretty cool little unit. Any idea on the date of manufacture? Looks like it would be ideal for doing dial graduations and such. Mike
Thanks Mike,
i don't exactly have a date of manufacture,
but i was looking through an old B&S catalog from 1904, there was an indexing center that looked very similar
i wouldn't be surprised if it were made in the same time span, maybe take a few years

Nice. A big step up from the cheapo indexers.
you didn't say what you paid so we can adjust the "you suck" amount accordingly.
Love those old tools.

Thanks Mike,
i don't exactly have a date of manufacture,
but i was looking through an old B&S catalog from 1904, there was an indexing center that looked very similar
i wouldn't be surprised if it were made in the same time span, maybe take a few years
Yes, Mike, that could well be about the correct time frame. I don't think they had Arduinos then... ;)

Nice. A big step up from the cheapo indexers.
you didn't say what you paid so we can adjust the "you suck" amount accordingly.
Love those old tools.
Hi rgray,
i agree it is very nicely constructed!
since you asked,
i got it for $78 + 18 freight= $96

I love the old tools as well.
i admire the designs and the precision that these men were able to attain, from seemingly humble tools.
thanks for reading!

Yes, Mike, that could well be about the correct time frame. I don't think they had Arduinos then... ;)
i saw a 1937 B&S catalog , the indexing center appeared slightly different in that era.
they had something better than Arduinos, they had skilled operators who could think for themselves ;)

I love the old tools as well.
i admire the designs and the precision that these men were able to attain, from seemingly humble tools.
thanks for reading!
It blows my mind every time I look at a timepiece made several centuries ago. They basically had a stone axe (being funny) and candle light making outrageously beautiful works of art that cannot be duplicated today!

Last edited:
Back