Brought The New Microcut Lathe Home Today

scsmith42

Registered
Registered
I picked up a nice deal on a used Microcut 12 x 36" lathe with a DRO, and brought it back to the farm this afternoon. The package included 3 and 4 jaw chucks, steady rest, follow rest, and a chuck for the tailstock. It also included a spindle collet system (which is missing a component). It is lightly used and very tight.

Here it is sitting on one of my trailers:

IMG_4727.JPG
We're having to rearrange my small machine shop area in order to accommodate it, so most likely we will unload it off of the trailer in the morning after we complete the rearranging.

Below is a photo of my equipment repair shop, one of the barns, and the machine shop. The machine shop is inside of a 100 year old log cabin at the left side of the photo.

barn_sept2.jpg

I sold my old South Bend Precision A 9" lathe on Saturday, and I am looking forward to having more power and precision available. I'm sure that I'll be pestering the members here soon for machining advice!

Scott

Nice score.:congrats: Looks like an assume lathe. Should put out some nice work.

Wow that's a clean "new" lathe.
Congrats!
I hope you have many years and many great projects together.
-brino

Looks like a well taken care of lathe. Good find.

Ditto nice find, think you done good. You'll love the collet attachment is it quick change or just the hand wheel style. Either way they work well . Good luck with her.

Back