Broom handle thread

OldMachinist

Bronze
Rest In Peace
Nothing very special here but I went out this morning to clear the snow off my plow truck so I could plow my driveway and the broom handle broke off in the head. I know I could have when out and bought a new handle but this is why we have these machines around. Also I made this replacement part in about the same amount of time it would taken me to drive to town and back to get another handle. Nearest store to me is 20 miles away.

SUNP0003.jpg

SUNP0003.jpg

It's 5tpi but the thread form is more like a light bulb thread than a acme. I only had a crappy camera in the shop because the good one is in the house for the holidays. I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow.

Now you need a high tech handle. Maybe something with a knurled grip and flutes? A friend once sent me pics of some UHMW pieces he machined. They were supports for his toilet seat! He really liked that seat!

Great threads. Not only a great job on them but a great example of making things the right way. You have made the world a little better.

Jeff

Can you show or tell us how you made that thread? It's not listed on my chart, ha, ha.

Back