Bridgeport Series 1 w/ Millpwr2 programming question

jguitar1

Registered
Registered
Hi guys and gals,

This is my first posted question. I am new to the machinist trade and I am learning to use a Bridgeport Series 1. I have been having tiny victories importing DXF files from Rhino to the Millpwr2 screen, this after attempting to import files made in AutoCAD, which resulted in a series of parallel lines instead of the tool I was trying to make. If anyone has ideas on that I would be interested to hear them. I actually ran the machine with Rhino exported DXF and it sort-of did what I wanted it to, but more attention to the programming is needed.

Is there a way to see on the Millpwr2 the settings that I have applied to a given program step? For example: for steps 1-4 Z depth = .9909 (these are made up numbers) Feed rate = 3.0, etc.

If not - Why?:thinking: Seems like an obvious feature to include in the software. HA! that's one for a Millpwr developer to answer...

Thanks J.

I can't answer your question but I will tell you that the Techs at Acu-Rite are outstanding, knowledgable, and very eager to see that you're pleased with their product.

Give them a call.

I was working with the machine all day yesterday and didn't find any program parameters screen (I guess I would call it...) Is it just me, or would that be a useful feature? Anyway, the work-around I came up with here is just use a pad and pencil.

Thanks for your reply Senna. I've talked to Acu-rite before. I didn't exactly have the experience you described, but they sort-of helped.

J.

Does the manual not describe the procedure you wish to use?

Acu-Rite was superb every time I spoke with anyone there.

I've had them spend over an hour on the phone answering all of my many questions.

My procedure whenever I contact a manufacturer is to fluff them up a bit with laudatory praise of their product.
I also try to get them liking me by asking about the weather, the area of the Country, their plans for the Holiday or the weekend and other such trivialities.
Get them laughing and you got it made!
I tell them I appreciate the time they spend helping me resolve a problem and this combined with the icebreaker conversation nearly always obligates them, in their mind at least, to spend whatever time I require to solve the issue.
If you're talking to a female it is often even easier to make that helpful attitude appear.
Ladies love hearing folks tell them how pleasant they are to chat with.

I've had receptionists scan and send me $100 manuals for free because they liked me.

Lay the honey on thick!

Hey, it works for me anyway!

HA!
I'm pretty new at this stuff, so I probably came across like a real jack wagon. But of course I was thankful for their help and said so. I didn't see anything about it in the manual - but I've only read it twice so far.

Thanks for the pointers on making friends and influencing people.

J.

Back