[Mill] Bridgeport Series 1 2 HP question

nakrech

Registered
Registered
Hi guys,

First time post so I'm hoping I'm putting this in the right spot. I'm looking at buying a Wells indexing milling machine with a Bridgeport series 1 2 HP machine for $500. I'm new to metal working and this would be my first milling machine. My question is that the pictures of the machine show that the table has some gouges and marks in it, like the previous owner drilled through the material and went into the bed in several spots. Is this a deal breaker?

What else should I look at when I'm looking at used milling machines. Photos are attached.

Thanks in advance.

00C0C_63te68TC0ZQ_1200x900.jpg

00000_jtTMmLpU3LI_1200x900.jpg

Those cuts , holes can be fixed , even cheaply with epoxy with metal in it. Soldered, pinned , lots " of ways. The price is super for two mills. Send me one if YA have to many.
If possible run the machine at every speed , Ck the travels on the tables , slop will be easy to find. Noisy gears or vibrations. What comes with it . Broken handles can be bad but not deal breakers. Try pushing and pulling the table. Look at the ways , surfaces for gauges wear , digs . Move the head in all ways it should be carefull the heads heavy if the work to rotate it's pins broken it can fall sideways.
Hi and welcome to the site . Never be afraid to ask questions.

Last edited:
Back