Bridgeport Power Feed 6f Motor Mount Question

Test the micro switches while you operate them with the plungers. The switch plungers (not so much the micro switches themselves) get full of crud and sticky, and don't return to the full closed position. No switch contact, no motor run.

Where did you send it for repair ?. If it went to Fresno Ca. ******machine repair ,authorized servo dealer west cost, beware they tried not refunding me $265. For a new servo PF, after trying a off shore powerfeed that didn't work. They'll try to get over on you :mad:

Test the micro switches while you operate them with the plungers. The switch plungers (not so much the micro switches themselves) get full of crud and sticky, and don't return to the full closed position. No switch contact, no motor run.

I pulled them out and apparently I had changed them so they are new. Both close and open the NC and NO circuits as they are supposed to.
Where did you send it for repair ?. If it went to Fresno Ca. ******machine repair ,authorized servo dealer west cost, beware they tried not refunding me $265. For a new servo PF, after trying a off shore powerfeed that didn't work. They'll try to get over on you :mad:

I sent to icai in Florida. I only sent them the board...which they said tested fine. Then I sent the motor and they repaired it...that set of repairs and shipping was over $500
The gear housing I did not send in. So now its probably my fault somewhere. :(

Paul

Just a shot in the dark. Are you using the right line voltage??? 110 - 220 single phase or three phase. Shorted wire who knows , sounds weird .

Just a shot in the dark. Are you using the right line voltage??? 110 - 220 single phase or three phase. Shorted wire who knows , sounds weird .

Yeah it's 110 single. Diagram even shows. The motor is a DC of course. I'm pretty close to sending the entire thing in again except this time with gearbox and all.

Paul :(

OK I got resolution. After breaking a lot of wires and re-soldering new connections. I determined that the new speed control pot had two wires reversed...oddly enough It apparently doesn't "twist" in the same direction. Doesn't make much sense that it wouldn't work the way it was but.. It works now except the knob runs reverse of what the feed IPM should be....so lowest position on the panel is the fastest feed rate. Anyway, it will run.

The next problem I encountered was not getting the gear to engage in reverse. There is a cam lever with a roller on it that pushes the gear in and out of engagement. It's not immediately obvious that the cam on the end is adjustable. However, it's mounted in a slot. Loosening the nut on the bottom allows for this to be moved in and out as needed. It took me several tries to align it correctly. Also having the socket head screw that mounts the "cam arm" not completely tight helps with the amount of movement needed to engage the gears.

Thank goodness I'll be able to finally mount this power feed.

Paul

A potentiometer (pot) typically has three connections. One is the wiper and the other two are each end of the total resistance of the pots spec. If you have a direction problem with the pot in operation. Try reversing the two resistance connections. These are typically the two outside connections. The one in the middle of all three is probably the wiper. If not sure, easy enough to find out with an ohm meter…Dave

A potentiometer (pot) typically has three connections. One is the wiper and the other two are each end of the total resistance of the pots spec. If you have a direction problem with the pot in operation. Try reversing the two resistance connections. These are typically the two outside connections. The one in the middle of all three is probably the wiper. If not sure, easy enough to find out with an ohm meter…Dave

I can try again. But when the outer two were reversed before it wasn't moving at all. Except for the occasional bump when turning to neutral on the switches.

Paul

I can try again. But when the outer two were reversed before it wasn't moving at all. Except for the occasional bump when turning to neutral on the switches.

Paul
Paul, take the pot out of the circuit and check with an ohm meter, make sure it’s good. Even if new, still check it...Dave

Back