Bridgeport oiling system

billnoy

Registered
Registered
I recently upgraded from a single phase Powermatic-Millrite vertical mill that served me well for about 10 years to a step pulley Bridgeport with a vfd on it. After removing the x axis power feed and shortening the lead screw to return it to "stock manual" I removed the table to have a look inside. I found that both of the plastic supply oil tubes for the lead nut had broken ( brittle ). Before I start breaking things, can anyone advise me on how to remove the brass oil ports that are attached to the lead nut casting ?
Once removed, are the ports marked for size?, or can someone tell me what size I'll need to replace them with if the can't be saved ?

BILL--it's been a few years since i have replaced the lube lines for my bp. as i recall i cut off the old hoses rite close to the brass sleeves you were wanting to remove. i left the sleeves in place and then carefully drilled out the remaining plastic tubing -within the brass sleeve . then reinserted new tubing and applied hi--quality epoxy glue to hold tubing in proper routing --clear of the other ''moving parts'' under the table and also to keep the tubing within the receiving holes. now is the time to clean -flush out and test the lube system BEFORE REINSERTING tubing in final resting holes--just keep repumping the bijur oilier and make sure oil is flowing out all the oil lines before final assem. hope this helps --u and others. re steve in mt.

BP LUBE 1.JPG BP LUBE 2.JPG BP LUBE 3.JPG

BILL--it's been a few years since i have replaced the lube lines for my bp. as i recall i cut off the old hoses rite close to the brass sleeves you were wanting to remove. i left the sleeves in place and then carefully drilled out the remaining plastic tubing -within the brass sleeve . then reinserted new tubing and applied hi--quality epoxy glue to hold tubing in proper routing --clear of the other ''moving parts'' under the table and also to keep the tubing within the receiving holes. now is the time to clean -flush out and test the lube system BEFORE REINSERTING tubing in final resting holes--just keep repumping the bijur oilier and make sure oil is flowing out all the oil lines before final assem. hope this helps --u and others. re steve in mt.

Smallfly
Thanks for the advice. You did an extremely tidy job of plumbing your machine.

Bill

Back