Bridgeport motor ID

Those values are with the spindle being driven if that makes any difference. Also, both hot legs measured the same amperage. Both came in at right about 2.4a each. I didn't need to add them together didI?

Those values are with the spindle being driven if that makes any difference. Also, both hot legs measured the same amperage. Both came in at right about 2.4a each. I didn't need to add them together didI?

Leeq,
spindle driven is good!
2.4 is on both is good!
you don't need to add them together we're doing the rating per line and since they're the same it is a lot simpler.
the reason you got 0 amps fron the 1 leg you tested is because it is merely a starter leg and had no current flowing through it!
your motor is a 1 hp motor.......
TADA!!!!!!!:lmao:

now as for rating your vfd...
1 hp will run it it no load,
A 1.5 hp rated VFD will make it PERFORM!!
good luck
let me know if you need help in wiring in your speed potentiometers, or if you have issues programming the VFD unit.
i'm here to help out, always!

I went ahead and read that one just in case, it came up 0.0.
here's why!
when running an idler, they don't want the idler to get a burst of voltage from the static converter, when the idler is starting another motor, it will reverse the direction of the other motor and discharge the capacitor continuously until both motors are running.
the static converter is used only for starting the idler motor, after it starts the taken out of the circuit by switching LINE B and the idler provides the 3 phase power!
once again through osmosis your converter only supplies a starting leg!!!:thinking:
phase a blahblah.JPG

phase a blahblah.JPG

I see. thanks.:)) I'll holler if I need help wiring up the finished product. Iwas doing some looking, and teco seems to be popular vfd. Ev/jnev series has knob pot. and will shift forward to reverse rather simply. Push button, push arrow up or down one time, push enter. simple enough. Saves wiring inputs also. I'm leaning towards a unit that operates like that. I like speed control on a knob. Now that power riddle is figured out and I feel confident in vfd shopping It's time to turn towards other problem areas. You guys are awesome and will probably have shaved months off of a newbie rebuilding a basket case machine by the time it's done:)).

Back