Bridgeport Model "dro Display" Questions

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
PIC_0103.JPG PIC_0104.JPG

I'm getting more familiar with my Bridgeport Series 1 2hp mill. It has the above pictured DRO on it. It says Bridgeport on the front and the model on the back says DRO DISPLAY. Does anyone have a manual for these or know how they work. I will pay for a copy of the manual. I've looked on the net and can't find anything on the specific Bridgeport.

THOSE BRIDGEPORT SUPPLIED READOUTS WERE MADE BY ACU-RITE

A BIT OLD SCHOOL COMPARED TO THE NEW ONES BUT WE HAD OF THEM IN OUR SHOP
AND NEVER HAD A MINUTE's TROUBLE WITH ANY OF THEM

I got the same one. Add me to the list. I'd like to know what this DRO is capable of, and how to use them. First DRO I've ever been around.

Its been awhile since this post was first done. During that time I did a lot of searching and finally found and bought the manual for this DRO. It is an original manual. The Folks on here have been good to me so when I get time I will scan the manual and post it on here for all to use and or copy. It may take me awhile since I'm old, retired, lazy and got a lot of other things to do but I will get to it as soon as I can.

That would be very helpful. Thank you for that Mike.

You recall where you found the manual? Have you been able to use the DRO for any "special" functions? I have no idea of what it is capable of.

Don't even remember now it was somewhere in a rare book, publication site. The guy only had this one. I will scan as soon as I get a chance. I'll try to email you a copy when I get it scanned and at the same time as I post it here. I hope to get it done this afternoon or in the morning. It is the complete manual for these dros. I haven't had a project for my mill yet so I haven't even dived into the manual as of yet.

I've used and still use an Acu-Rite II DRO on a buddies vari-speed BP. It works nice, but is really confusing to learn. When zeroing each axis, make sure to hit "X" then "Reset" twice, and same for the Y. When you power it on the display might blink, hit the "Test" button to stop it blinking.

I don't think it has any special functions, just a straight DRO. You can input numbers and offsets, zero scales, and any number of axis to a diameter setting when used on lathes.

OK folks here we go. I've never done this before but I have scanned the "Installation Manual, Bridgeport Digital Readout System, Rear Mounted Thin Line Transducer" by Bridgeport Textron 1982 into my computer and will try to attach it to this message. It is quite long and I am not very computer literate. This is a manual that you don't just find everyday and I believe would be of interest to this forum. If someone can take this and zip it or make it more easier to assemble and or move it to a more appropriate location, PLease do.

Attachments

• Bridgeport DRO.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 133
Back