Boyer Shultz grinder questions

tjr6257

Registered
Registered
Previously posted to a different forum;

I see this post is kinda old but I'll reply anyway. I too just bought a Boyer Schultz 612 deluxe, having never used or owned a surface grinder I'm slowly figuring stuff out. The one thing I'd like help with though is the oilier system. Does yours have one? I wonder if an oilier is what makes it the deluxe model. I've seed different varieties of oilers on other B/S grinders but no info online; mine is a horizontal cylinder in shape with a glass or plastic face where you can see the oil level behind it. It's stamped 220v on the back at top and no other tag or plate on it, IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG it has what looks like a metering dial on the top and maybe a drain on the underside. It has a power cord going to it so I think it's automatic. Does it run by itself continuously when on or what? Any help would be great. How do you like yours NC? Thanks

The knob with the numbers is for adjusting the amount of oil dispensed on each up and down cycle. It should go up and down slowly automatically. If it doesn't you can lift it periodically and accomplish the same thing. If it goes up and then snaps down immediately it's either empty or needs a new plunger/repaired.

Gene

The knob with the numbers is for adjusting the amount of oil dispensed on each up and down cycle. It should go up and down slowly automatically. If it doesn't you can lift it periodically and accomplish the same thing. If it goes up and then snaps down immediately it's either empty or needs a new plunger/repaired.

Gene
Great Gene, thanks so much for answering that for me. Do you own one like this? If you do I'm looking for a few other things too if you know of any sources. Such as finding a spare spindle shaft nut to retain the wheel. Mine came with a spare tapered mount but not the nut. I suppose I could make one but I'd buy one if I could find it. Thanks again.

Tim

Back