Bought an Everlast PowerTIG 250EX

Haha. I honestly couldn't remember what this thread was about. I got all hot and heavy over client stories.

Sure could use me a Tig machine about now, honestly. My contractor cap is all aluminum and when built they used 1x2 thin wall tube and only welded on side. Now, 4 years on a lot of the gussets are cracking.
1499739657363957402079.jpg

Yeah... I do that (forget what the thread is about) a lot at the heating/AC/refrigeration forum I post at... (looking for a smiley face of an aging person... grin)

Decades ago, I worked out of a box on a truck... before it went away, it had lots of small brackets from the big box store, pop-riveted to the joints in your picture.
Now I work from a Chevy Express 3500 long wheel base van... entire back is built out with custom wood shelves. All the tools and parts I could ever want... :grin:

I haven't tried out the newfangled suitcase inverter welders. Maybe they're alright, I might be missing something. I'm still happily using my old Miller Syncrowave 250 that weighs about 300 lbs. Had it for about 25 years. It has a lot of knobs to twiddle with, does all kinds of cool stuff to the arc. I'm sure the new ones are much simpler. Now if I could just see what I was doing I might be a welder too :grin:
I know this is a bit lete but Just read this Jim. I am in same boat as you. I like welding and have cataracts and use a cheater lense plus reading glasses! Biggest help though was getting a good auto helmet. I got a big lense Lincoln Viking. One thing to look at is lense clarity. Helped me a ton with tig and seeing the leading edge of the puddle on mig.

Back