Bought A Schaublin 135

samthedog

Token Aussie
Registered
Well, I had a friend ring me saying that he asked the seller to hold this lathe on lathes.co.uk. He asked me if I could use this and I figured this would be ideal for my protyping business. Anyway, this is my new lathe:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/advertphoto/151109schaublin135/

I have more photos to follow. My friend Steve is organizing shipping for me and I can't wait to use this for hard turning. Anyway, I am very happy about this purchase and can't wait to give this a whirl. Can you tell I'm happy? :grin:

Paul.

Wow , that's one nice looking lathe. I wish I could find one here like that, of course of I did I wouldn't be able to afford it. Hope you have lots of happy hours working with her. Great machine by the looks of it.

Paul,

Congratulations on the new lathe.
It will really feel like Christmas coming.

-brino

That lathe looks quite stout like a mini Mori Seiki I like it congrats!!

Hi Paul - season's greetings from here back at you and yours.

Congratulations on your purchase. That's a very serious piece of steel.

A toolmaker friend of mine has a nice 125 and he bought a worn out 150 as a project.

Isn't it a problem - you being in Norway and the lathe in the UK? Importing it will be expensive.

My friend bought the 125 in Switzerland. I told him it was a bad idea and he would have to pay VAT when importing.

He believed the shipper told him he didn't. Guess who (unfortunately) was right?

Cheers
Erik

Hi Paul - season's greetings from here back at you and yours.

Congratulations on your purchase. That's a very serious piece of steel.

A toolmaker friend of mine has a nice 125 and he bought a worn out 150 as a project.

Isn't it a problem - you being in Norway and the lathe in the UK? Importing it will be expensive.

My friend bought the 125 in Switzerland. I told him it was a bad idea and he would have to pay VAT when importing.

He believed the shipper told him he didn't. Guess who (unfortunately) was right?

Cheers
Erik
Yep, I have to pay duties on both the machine and the freight. Oh well. I see it as a once in a lifetime machine so it was worth it.

Seasons greeting to you also Erik. We need to catch up and swap some stories!

Paul.

Paul,
I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like, and I like that lathe.
Probably about the price of my Sieg C6:cpa: NOT!
John.

Hi Paul.
Yes, I'd like that. And a few beers, that could improve my language skills - at least it's a nice excuse.;):eagerness:
I'll be driving/sailing to Copenhagen 14th of feb., delivering a large-ish air compressor - back to my toolmaker friend,
whom I bought it off some years ago. And morning of the 16th I'll meet up with Alan of "Model Engineering Norge" -
another, who has been bitten by the Deckel bug. And he even has a collector's gene, so it's quite bad (poor/lucky man).
He needed some parts for his High Speed head and I thought I remembered one who had them. I had two Fine Boring
heads, and he succeeded in wrangling one off me.:cry: That'll make his journey more worthwhile. He had someone make
him some FP1 head gears, so he really wants to try them out. And I don't need two heads anyway. I just hope the one I
have left isn't a bad one, as the one I sold him is nearly like new - beautiful. I'd say, a head like that is reason enough to
prefer the FP2 over the FP1! Now I just need to pack it, so he can bring it all aboard on his own - it's quite heavy.

Cheers
Erik

Phew - I managed to hold on to the Fine Boring head. Those are much too nice to sell. Even when I have two of them.
Such a head is reason enough not to buy a Deckel FP1, but instead find a "2". You can use a Fine Boring head
on an FP1, but that requires a certain part made of unobtanium. Plus it looks really silly.
Unfortunately Alan couldn't make it, his wife is sick. So we'll meet some other day. Maybe when I'm in Norway next.

Cheers
Erik

I finally got the lathe into the workshop and cleaned all the packing grease off it. Photos to follow this evening.

Paul.

Back