• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • NOTICE: There are two new video channel areas set up, one for staff, and one for subscribing members. You need to create a folder. Then add your media to that folder. Once added, you can cut and paste the code at the bottom right to embed the media into a post on the forum.

It works very similarly to YouTube, except videos are stored on our server. Click Here For The Video Channels

[4]

Bought a DEBER US 120 Swivel head ram type universal mill

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
Boy I might have screwed the pooch here. This monster is in incredible condition, looks brand new and is 31 years old.

I can not find a single scrap of literature for it.

I have never owned a mill before but have always wanted one. Had been looking for a Bridgeport or similar when this thing appeared out of vapor.

No person I know has ever heard of one of these.

Any suggestions for finding an operators manual, parts lists or even a dealer?

20171201_163050.jpg 20171201_163039.jpg 20171201_163104.jpg 20171201_163059.jpg 20171201_162953.jpg

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Hard to tell from the pictures, does it also have a horizontal spindle on the front of the column? If so, and if it has a universal table, that will be a really versatile machine for the home shop!

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
Hard to tell from the pictures, does it also have a horizontal spindle on the front of the column? If so, and if it has a universal table, that will be a really versatile machine for the home shop!
Yes, it has a horizontal spindle.

ACHiPo

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Nice score on a European-looking universal mill. Looks like a big version of a Deckel, comparable to an FP-4. How big's the table and work envelope?

Silverbullet

Looks like one really nice machine . Cut two sides at once , super . Power feeds everywhere. What's not to like if YA can afford one.

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
Sure could use an operators manual.

I now also need to learn how to install a static converter to get this beauty to 3 phase.

I don't even know what that means:geek:

markba633csi

I think you would want a VFD or a rotary phase converter to run that
Mark
ps I wouldn't be surprised if that is actually an Asian machine that was imported to Italy

Last edited:

Chipper5783

Active User
That is a great looking machine. It is very different from a Deckel FP (unless the reference is to the paint color) - the Deckels, and many clones - such as the Maho, have all or part of the Y-axis on top of the knee. Like most knee mills, that has a good bit of "relocatable" y-axis travel on the knee (same as the BPs, Toolmasters, Firsts etc).

With the multiple motors, that is a great candidate for an RPC or a PhasePerfect. Keep the pictures coming - especially once it is set up and makes some chips.

Kenny G

actually found this video on one here

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
It has a 1986 build date. and the Chinese stuff from that era is easy to spot. This ain't one.

rick9345

Active User
You will need a book of imagination,this machine should have enough adjustment to suit any job.The limit would only be the ability to make a setup.:)

Alan H

An Italian sports model mill - wow!

I do not have a manual but I wanted to say Congratulations.

FOMOGO

Active User
Pretty unique machine, and very versatile. Did it come with all of the horizontal arbors and supports? Good luck on the manual search. May take a little doing, but I'm sure they're out there. Mike

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
Hooked it up to power at the shop it was sitting at.

It runs so smooth, we think this has never been in use.

Got the full story on where it came from. The guy I bought it from bought it off his uncle. It has been in a storage unit for 15 years underneath a canvas cover. His uncle bought it at a military surplus auction at Fort Ord California when the base shut down. So it a Miltary spec. unit.

I am so dang lucky on this.

Groundhog

Not a bad way to start off with your first mill.

Something that will keep most of the other members here drooling for a few days.

:xmaslights:

ConValSam

Iron
Registered Member
It looks huge. What is the table size? What does it weigh?

And maybe most importantly, where are you going to put it?

Congrats!

RobertHaas

Iron
Registered Member
Do ya think? What'd it set you back?
I paid 2 grand for it.

My shopping lists so far is a rotary phase-converter and I am getting the base together and welded up that I will home it on.

Have to rent a forklift but that should get mehome with it.

Bob Korves

I paid 2 grand for it.

My shopping lists so far is a rotary phase-converter and I am getting the base together and welded up that I will home it on.

You stole it! Better go to church and repent!

ACHiPo

I paid 2 grand for it.

Very nice score. I’m guessing if it’s as clean as you think that’s a $10k mill any day.
:you suck:

[6]
[5] [7]