Bordom set in

Moper361

Registered
Registered
Bordom set in so i thought id have a go at a steam engine .Im only a hobby machinist with no qualifications so im open n for critisim and positive input this is were its at now .Im undecided on valve arrangment yet i have 2 options in mind .sliding shaftor rotating shaft 20171012_155221.jpgIMG-20171014-WA0003.jpeg20171012_155221.jpgIMG-20171014-WA0005.jpeg

Looks like a great start. Any piston rings on a steam engine piston? Mike

I have made the piston with a thin teflon ring at this stage but that my chang in time

Good start , when I was in vokie we built a steam engine it stood about 5' high and the piston was 10" in diameter. Class projects for the show and grades for us. My god kids in my area will never get teaching like we did in the 70s. Now we're even phasing out the welders course in our vocational schools.

I like, looks like a nice size also.

Nice work so far. Have you looked at mrpete222 youtube videos? He has lots of builds on steam engines, but may get some ideas there.

David

NIce, Seems to run very well. What is the next project.

I plan on building a gas engine next .I have a few thoughts as i do not use plans this last project was built totaly on thoughts out of my head at the time .the next one will be similar but have ignition , Camshaft and fuel mixer .

Back