Books I bought Today

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
One of the places I wanted to visit while visiting the folks was a used book store I found on one of my other visits. Couldn't really remember exactly where it was but found it while a neighbor & I were going over to Maggie Valley to the "Wheels of Time" museum. Went there today & bought 7 books. A couple to keep, a couple to sell and a couple to offer in the PIF format.

5th edition Machinery's Handbook in pretty good shape
Machinery's Shop Receipts & Formulas
Guillet's Kinematics of Machines 1956
Gages & their use in inspection 1942
Tool Design by C.B. Cole 1942
New Encyclopedia of Machine Shop Practice George W. Barnwell 1941
Machine Design Joseph Edward Shigley 1956

These books are in very good condition for their age not perfect but nice.

The 5th edition of Machinery's Handbook is hard to find, Good score on the books.

Paul

The 5th edition of Machinery's Handbook is hard to find, Good score on the books.

Paul

That's one of the books I'm gonna sell, the guy had a couple of old Starrett catalogs but I spent more than I could afford to begin with being unemployed. He had a lot of books on heat treating, casting, making of steel. A book collectors heaven.

Would you be willing to proxy buy anything else? I'm interested in several of those topics and media mail is cheap.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I forgot I had bought 3 more books at another book store called "Friends of the Library"

The complete book of Home Welding by John Todd
Jointech Woodworkers Note Book, Has a few projects in it
Second Edition Construction Geometry

As far as Proxy buying some books the guy may not be at his shop again while I'm here as he doesn't keep very regular hours. When I get home I'll pass along his info.

That's one of the books I'm gonna sell, the guy had a couple of old Starrett catalogs but I spent more than I could afford to begin with being unemployed. He had a lot of books on heat treating, casting, making of steel. A book collectors heaven.

Charley;

I'll take that 5th edition, how much. PM me.

"Billy G"

I just bought two three ring binders full of GM Machinery and Tooling specs from the 1960's at a local antique mall. It has a lot of dimensions for spindle ends and tool adapters. Never know when that type of stuff will come in handy.

Back