Bolton Tools Zx 45a Milling Machine

Leonard

Registered
Registered
Do any of you guys know anything about this milling machine? It's a bench top mill 9 1/2 x 40 with 2HP motor 220 power. It has power feed on x,y,z. It's on sale now for $ 3068. Seems like a good deal and looks like a very nice machine. I think the company has only been around 4 years though. All this stuff is made over seas so parts I'm sure would be available. The only downside I see is the Y travell is only 6 3/8. Opinions?
Thanks Scott

Looks like a standard Chinese machine, kind of expensive at that.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

The price is pretty decent for what you are getting. This brand is not known for it's quality, although I think you would be able to get parts, they are a large operation. The Y travel would be a real issue, especially if using a larger vise or a DRO. I think one would be better off with a used knee mill if you can deal with the weight and size.

I think it is a Rung Fu, maybe made in Taiwan. could be among the better of the eastern machines. It is also getting into deckel fp1 money. By the way I wouldn't worry about the y travel unless you have particular jobs planned that need much more than that (in which case you need a much larger floor standing machine). My much heavier Schaublin 13 only has 160mm in the Y so about the same and it is capable of quite a bit. :)
L

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

I would like to buy a used knee mill, preferably something like a 9x49. Unfortunately they never seem to come up when I'm looking. I'm from Alberta Canada and they just seem to be hard to come across. The couple I have looked at just seem like a project in themselves. I'm still undecided on what to purchase, just wanted some opinions on the bolton tools bench top. It has a lot of nice options, just not sure about the quality. Thanks for your thoughts gents.
Scott

I looked pretty hard at that machine, has power feed on 3 axis which is a nice option. I did hear quality was not there, however could be just rumours. I ended up buying a Precision Mathews 9x40. Very happy with the machine. I’ve owned it for about 4 years.

Back