Blind Hole Bearing Puller Tool

This won't work in this situation, but when removing the cup for cup and cone bearing from a blind hole, try running a ring of weld around the cup, when it cools it will contract and just drop straight out.

I've used those pullers many times and recently made one to pull a bushing from my belt sander roller. It really wasn't too difficult and I didn't need the whole set (very expensive). Disclaimer: I already had a slide hammer.

IMG_1973.JPG IMG_1976.JPG

For Daryl.From what i remember of my University days (a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away) no liquid is "sensibly"
compressible.Then i may be wrong.
Aris
The property needed, in addition to incompressibility, is high viscosity. A highly viscous liquid like grease or wax, combined with a sudden impact does the trick. The "piston" should fit the bearing as tight as possible to provide the greatest restriction to flow. The high viscosity also reduces flow rate, requiring more pressure to push the liquid out. The resultant pressure pushes the bearing out. There have been tools for unplugging blocked grease fittings sold for decades which used this principle. They are said to develop several thousand psi. of pressure.

Last edited:
This won't work in this situation, but when removing the cup for cup and cone bearing from a blind hole, try running a ring of weld around the cup, when it cools it will contract and just drop straight out.

This is a method that I've used for bearing races, but mostly for removing valve seats in aluminum cylinder heads.

For any bearing in a cap just tape the cap on the end of a tack hammer and smack an anvil. Everything will come to a stop but the bearing. the sudden stop will make the bearing slide right out of the cap.

I use bearing puller, hydraulic method and torch (just heat one side to red and let cool and will side out)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Back