Blew Up Z Dro Slide. Need A Mag Or Glass Repl

countryguy

Active User
Registered
Not a good morning. Working on the hobby Mill I ended up w/ a crash on the glass Scale. A Jenix JSS5L-100MM/4" Now I get to put in my first Renishaw kit I'll wager :) I know Jim D has a lot written on this. A few threads also about the LM10 setup.

What I guess I wanted to ask first was how to insure I can set my JEnix DRO to even calibrate and use this? Not sure what I need to check. While it may all be Quad Diff and OK sig-line to sig-line, I'm not sure how I tell if the JEnix can calibrate to the 1micron? Looking for key words here.

Or if you know of a lower end glass scale Jenix compatible I may just do that too if priced right.

Any help appreciated. Off to sulk. ;-) Ehhh not really. But man, POd at myself.

OOPS :bawling:

It looks like the Jenix JSS5L means 5 micron. BUT, all of the DROs listed show that they are able to take a 1 micron input. You are going to have to dig out the manual to see how to set the scaling. It looks like the current models are field scaleable, but I don't know what readout you have. Also I can't find any information on the input type, but I suspect it is quadrature.

http://www.jenix.co.kr/html/02_2_eproduct.htm

Looks like Page 27 has 3 or 4 different Scale settings? PAge 54 reflects the ABZ pin outs.
1. Changing Resolution (SCALE)
(1) 5/1000
(2) 1/1000
(3) 5/100
(4) 1/100

Page 28 shows how to set of 1 micron, and page 51 shows the AB quadrature pinouts. Looks like you're good to go.

One thing I just thought about is the output of the LM10IC001AA10K12, while it is a 1 micron output, it is a differential quadrature A, /A, B, /B. The DRO display is a AB quadrature so the output of the mag reader would be interpreted as a 2 micron signal by the display. Maybe the scaling can be further adjusted in the display.

Last edited:
That looks like a reasonable price, and is compatible with your display. Seems like a good way to go.

Back