Biax Scraping A 3x3" Milling Knee

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
I've gone off the deep end scraping...
in looking for stuff to make flat, i took a 3x3" milling knee i had laying around and blued it up.
I scraped the faces flat and put it back to 90*!!!!
Pictures for the interested!
Knee%2BScrape.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B2.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B3.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B4.jpg

this scraping is becoming an addiction....:D

If you are up for some good BBQ, beef that is, come on down to Austin, TX, I got a small belt drive lathe that can use some scrapping.... looks like someone used a center punch to scrape the carriage/cross slide....

If you were closer I'd load you up with cast iron. I have a surface plate that i ground 30 years ago with the intent to rescrape but didn't. Also have a large rusty angle plate or two sitting around. All that stuff is heavy though!

If you are up for some good BBQ, beef that is, come on down to Austin, TX, I got a small belt drive lathe that can use some scrapping.... looks like someone used a center punch to scrape the carriage/cross slide....

Yes Sir-
y'all got the best BBQ around.
I have been down there to Driftwood, and had some of the Salt Licks BBQ- man i still crave that stuff Test

if you do a little research, scraping is not really hard to do.
i don't have any magic powers.
i'm just a regular guy who has a dangerous affinity for shiny things, that i want now to make flat.
i was just lucky to have a good teacher show me how, it was then my turn to do something with what i saw and learned.
i'm by no means a master, but it did help learning from one.
thank you for the reply!

Last edited:
If you were closer I'd load you up with cast iron. I have a surface plate that i ground 30 years ago with the intent to rescrape but didn't. Also have a large rusty angle plate or two sitting around. All that stuff is heavy though!

Hi Holescreek,
thank you for the thought,
i'd take you up on it !

I've gone off the deep end scraping...
in looking for stuff to make flat, i took a 3x3" milling knee i had laying around and blued it up.
I scraped the faces flat and put it back to 90*!!!!
Pictures for the interested!
Knee%2BScrape.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B2.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B3.jpg
Knee%2BScrape%2B4.jpg

this scraping is becoming an addiction....:D
Ulma,
There is no quick fix for your illness , only more &more scraping, Can I air freight over all my machines? You have made an outstanding finish
Core-Oil

Thank you very much for the compliment, i'm glad you like my work.
i try hard to do good work.
It's good to know that others can appreciate it.:)

the sickness is rampant .the worst part is that i wouldn't take the medicine if they tried to cure me!!!!

if i could get some time off work, i'd gladly show up at you shop and scrape anything you needed done.
i'd even show you how to do it so you could do it for yourself!

thank you for reading:)

You have WAY too much time on your hands :) Beautiful workmanship !

You have WAY too much time on your hands :) Beautiful workmanship !

Thank You Randy.
the hard part is, i really don't have a lot of extra time - i just found a productive outlet for my machinery OCD syndrome!!!
one day the wife's gonna come down to scraped cast iron cookware and rubbing ink on the countertops:D

Back