Better DRO Instructions for PM30?

UMDJesse

Registered
Registered
Has anybody found a better manual for...or found another manufacture equivalent to the DRO that comes with the PM30 mill? I've attached a picture below to see what mine looks like. The instructions that come with it are very tiny and only loosely resemble English in many places. PM's website has listed the better instructions as "coming soon" for the past year so I'm hoping someone might have a little bit better of a reference they can point me to.
Related Question....does anyone know what that "SDM" button does?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230204_151240.jpg
    20230204_151240.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 53
Ever thought of searching Youtube?

This is display that came with my PM-30MV

Good video for usage, you have to determine the difference in your display. They are all usually similar.

Ever thought of searching Youtube?
Yes, of course...but only where I can. If you see this new screenshot for example (see image at bottom). Some of the functions here are icons and I don't know what they are called or what they represent. Not knowing what these icons mean is making it very difficult to do any kind of research. Can you help? If I just knew what the functions were called I could figure out the rest
This is display that came with my PM-30MV
Mine differs from this. I've tried looking around some of the other manufacturers to see if my PM DRO might just be a commonly available unit with a different color or label. Some of the basic items I've figured out but others I have no idea.

I did see the blondihacks vid before and yes that one was very help with the functions she describes.

Thanks for the other vid and reply!

Attachments

• edit1.JPG
    edit1.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
That manual listed above was actually for the display like I have and the one that Blondihacks is using, so no doubt you have trouble with it. As she states in the video, most of these DRO's are virtually the same interface. While yours has the icons on bottom, you'll notice the buttons on her display have the same icons, so they are the same thing. You may have to watch a bunch of different videos on different manufacturers to interpret what yours are for. You have a linear hole function and a radial hole function highlighted and I think she goes over that use.

Last edited:
Precision Mathews responded to an email I sent them. For anyone else who cares the buttons from left to right are....
linear hole, circle, arc, compensation (don't use), taper, calculator.
Thanks PM!

Attachments

• edit1.JPG
    edit1.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 38
Back