Best oil spill clean up product ever!

9FINGERS

Registered
Registered
This is a product review. I am not affiliated with this company.
I saw the results and was blown away!
after working in Plywood mills for over 30 years i have seen many hydrolic and engine oil spills. some cleaned up with sawdust, some with kitty-litter. this product tops them all!
it is biodegradable, EPA ans OSHA approved!
what i saw was a hydrolic hoist blow a hose and dump 15 -20 gallons all over the floor. the oil spill was 8 to 12 feet across. One bag of this"OIL GATER" was spread over the spill and we were instructed to leave it for 2 days before clean up, we could walk, and drive forklifts on it too.

the suprizing thing i saw was after it was swept up the concrete floor was CLEAN, i mean no oil film!
i was told that the enzymes in this stuff eats the oil and tuns it into CO2 gas.

check it out for your self by googling "Oil Gater". i think the site is www.oilgater.com
i was told then(about 6 years ago) that a bag costs under $20.00 dollars..

I hope this helps someone!

good luck and have fun all!
Dennis

Also called "worm dirt"....

Actually this product, which I don't know the real name for, has micro-organisms that actually "eat" the oil. Very good chance it's the same product mentioned above or somebody blowing smoke in my post toasties. I did see it in use, though. Apply to the oil spill, a couple of hours later sweep it off into the grass/yard. :thinking:

and what happens when this gets into the main oil supply.....yea we're screwed

Sounds like it's worth trying out. Just have to figure out where to get some.

-Ron

This is a product review. I am not affiliated with this company.
I saw the results and was blown away!
after working in Plywood mills for over 30 years i have seen many hydrolic and engine oil spills. some cleaned up with sawdust, some with kitty-litter. this product tops them all!
it is biodegradable, EPA ans OSHA approved!
what i saw was a hydrolic hoist blow a hose and dump 15 -20 gallons all over the floor. the oil spill was 8 to 12 feet across. One bag of this"OIL GATER" was spread over the spill and we were instructed to leave it for 2 days before clean up, we could walk, and drive forklifts on it too.

the suprizing thing i saw was after it was swept up the concrete floor was CLEAN, i mean no oil film!
i was told that the enzymes in this stuff eats the oil and tuns it into CO2 gas.

check it out for your self by googling "Oil Gater". i think the site is www.oilgater.com
i was told then(about 6 years ago) that a bag costs under $20.00 dollars..

I hope this helps someone!

good luck and have fun all!
Dennis

Thanks Dennis!

Good to know... Thanks for the review.. I wonder how small a container I can buy... Time to Google

Bernie

Old farm trick; sawdust + pig manure + Tide works like a charm. The enzymes are in the manure, and the reaction works best in contact with air.

You want free oil pickup material be kind to a barber. Human hair wicks oil and retains it.

Wow I haven't heard that one- but I love hearing these solutions to problems that have obviously evolved from years of experience and necessity..

Bernie

THANKS,

this stuff is a by-product from the cotton seed industry. it is basically the husk.
anyway it come in 30lb bags. for easier containers in the shop , one could put into a few 5 gallon buckets.
i think auto shops, millwright shops should be turned on to this stuff too.

hope this helps

I'm currently trying to make a 10 inch lathe operational, I don't know what brand it is, but it kinda looks like a Logan
and it had the #20 stamped into the bed.. I have named it "George". George is an old flat belt drive too.
I got it without a tool post. or a tail stock. just a few things to make for it.. :allgood:

oh remember; " don't grow-up! its a trick! "

have fun!

Back