Benchtop Power Supply from Computer Power Supply

pdentrem

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I finished making up the CPU power supply to use with my telescope and camera gear today. I know that there have been many examples of this on the web, but here is my version of the CPU Power Box. I need only 3 - 12v taps so I put in 4. It is a 400 watt unit with 348 available at 12v. I did not bother with the 3.3 and 5v taps. I will use this one while at home as I have a 120 AC plug on the telescope pier, so now I do not have to lug the batteries while at home. Sweet! Naturally when I go into dark sky areas I still require 12v batteries to power up.
For further information there are many pages on the web showing how to do this. Most are called some variation of Desktop/Benchtop Power supply.
Pierre

power-box.jpg

Pierre
That looks nice enough to be store bought. :thumbzup::thumbzup:
Very nice job :man:

Thanks.
The picture is pretty good too. Not a phone cam.
Pierre

Very good, Pierre. Anything to keep them out of landfills. I have a few I've salvaged out of dead PC's, but no need for a PS like that. I have an old Heathkit 12v supply for that. Can't think of anything other than maybe once in a while a 24 AC for doing some bench testing of video cameras I work on.

Nice job. Like the meter.

Back