Belleville washers (springs)

dlane

Active User
Registered
Anybody know a good source for 4-40 (.200od, .118id ) Belleville spring washers,
The places I've checked want over a dollar a piece with a minimum of $50.00
McMaster didn't seem to have them that small.
Thought about getting flat washers making a die that would fourm them then temper them
Thanks

Derrick---how many are you needing?----if not gobs then I may look in my supplies to see if I have some the needed size, and could send you some----Dave

Thanks Dave and Roy , fastenal has large ones no small ones.
Dave This is kinda a prototype project to see if they will work , six would be great

A 6" vise is overkill for a RF45 style mill. A 4" is more appropiate for that size mill & IMO 5" max. I have a 5" GMT vise on my PM45 & it's slightly too big. Not enough Y axis travel to make use of the 5" full capacity. Better to save your money rather than getting something too big & most importantly the weight. I take my vise of the table quite often, a 6" is still light enough for me to be carried by hand but I'm glad I have a 5". I also have a 4" vise as well. I prefer the 5" though.

But those GMT 6" Premium vises are pretty nice. I'd love to have one but don't need one on my current mill. But if you plan on upgrading to a full size knee mill in the future than the 6" will be perfect.

Here's what the 5" looks like on my mill.
Img_1921.jpg

I couldn't even complete this cut without my bellows & DRO scale getting in the way. Not enough Y travel & the 5" vise is not even maxed out.
Img_7597_zpscb8b5dd7.jpg

Here's what a 6" vise looks like on another PM45 (gt40's)
View attachment 253544

71241_hr4c.jpg

pdf.png

Thanks Roy, ya I checked with them and .250od is to big for this application .
Advanced spring has them but they want too much for them and couldn't tell me what shipping would be?

Derrick---sorry---so far I have not found any tiny ones yet---after my move 6 years ago I have not got all my supplies organized ---I'll continue looking----I thought I had them with my tiny snap rings and e-clips, and tension washers---Dave

Pg 27 of this catalog has .118 ID .203 OD

Attachments

• disc_spring_catalog.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 11
Thanks Dave for looking I think I have some (10) coming from century spring , a sample pack free
Bill thanks I called them and spoke with the technical dept and there sending me 10 thanks.

Back