Bandsawing Delrin

Howardd

Registered
Registered
I need to cut some 2 1/2 inch delrin rod to length. Do I need to take any precautions when doing this on a bandsaw? It is a 24 inch bandsaw with a five or six teeth per inch blade.

Thanks

Howard

Delrin cuts very well in my experience. That size rod should be fine with that pitch blade. Also, welcome to the site!

Any round stock I cut in a vertical band saw has a clamp or something on it to keep it from trying to spin. Blades are pricey

Ditto YUPP . Fingers don't regrow , or any other appendage. We should all be diligent SAFTEY Nazis. Even tho we don't like it. I get chills u and down my spine when I see YouTube's , machinists at work not all but some scare me just watching them.

Any round stock I cut in a vertical band saw has a clamp or something on it to keep it from trying to spin. Blades are pricey

Not sure how to do that with 3 1/2 diameter rod. Can you explain.
Thanks

Howard

Not sure how to do that with 3 1/2 diameter rod. Can you explain.
Thanks

Howard

Grab it with a clamp? You just need to be able to keep it from turning.

In my younger years, I tried to cut off some round in a vertical bandsaw without clamping down with something. It WILL get you attention quickly! And scare the crap out of you too!

Any vise or clamp to hold it from spinning grabbing and the problems it may cause. Besides those really YA Need a SAFTEY push block wood or plastic. To many ways to get hurt. Machines have no memory or even a care.

Lay your stock on the saw table , find a c clamp, Jorgensen? Clamp , any thing that will clamp on it and ride flat on the table to keep it from rotating when cutting

Back