Bandsaw sawmill mod

cathead

CATWERKS LTD
Registered
Previously my setup for stops to hold the log in place were rack and pinion affairs that could be lowered or raised as needed. I still am using them
but decided to try a new approach for another one more since I will be sawing some longer logs soon. It occurred to me that all that is really
needed is for something to keep the vertical stops in place during setup since they will stay in position even by themselves when a log is pressing against it.

I made up a simple encapsulated and adjustable spring assembly that would hold the vertical stop in position yet be easy to grab and position up or down
quickly. The unit was made to be disassembled if need be to work on the innards. All that is required is a little drilling, welding, and machine work and about
an hour's time to make one.:encourage:
P1040004.JPGIt's way more simple to make than a rack and pinion and also easier to adjust the height. The vertical bar is the square solid piece and the
flat material mounts horizontally and is part of what holds the log in place. The vertical bar is something one keeps an eye on while sawing
since the saw blade must pass above the vertical post. This is something one learns quickly by ruining a saw blade or two.:faint:

By the way, I had to get up at this hour to view the BLUE MOON anyway, really a sight to see. It's a rare occurrence, Well, that's it for now.

By the way, I had to get up at this hour to view the BLUE MOON anyway, really a sight to see. It's a rare occurrence,
Pretty impressive for sure . We veiwed it from a ranch out in Wyoming in the middle of no-where . Had 3 large clouds with lightning in them floating around and that big moon . :cool:

Back