Ball Screw Covers

Transformer

Registered
Registered
I have a Grizzly lathe that I have CNC'd. Doing a recent job I was generating a lot of very small chips which were flying everywhere. I kept looking at my exposed ball screw and thinking there must be a way to cover or protect it. So I thought I would ask what others have done. Thanks.

I am still looking for an affordable telescoping cover for my lead screw, so as a temporary fix I have been using a 3/4" foam pipe insulator section on both sides of the compound. Bob

Ditto here. I've tried to call the Nook/thomson folks for Screw wipers/covers. they do have them, but I am told they were special made and cannot seem to locate them. Nook say's Thomson, Tomson say's Nook. I'll search google and some sites later.

Concertina of folded book-covering plastic. Works great.
I tried to upload & embed an image, but couldn't see how. My avatar pic shows a narrow version though.

Cheers

Ahhh you have the accordion bellow. I am looking for something to wrap the screw in? Those metal telescoping tubes Jim posted are pricy but it is exactly what I want! Hmmmmm. I have a slip roller? Project #423? Build date 2020. I need about 36" on my shopmaster 3in1 for x and about 14 if I recall on Y. Wipers are ok too if effective? Right?

Back