Baldor Motor No Tags

CPL_Guimonster

Registered
Registered
How do i determine what voltage/phase/hp for my Baldor motor found on my Logan Lathe 920?
Daddys_SamsungS5_2_10_2016 018.jpg Daddys_SamsungS5_2_10_2016 019.jpg Daddys_SamsungS5_2_10_2016 029.jpg Daddys_SamsungS5_2_10_2016 030.jpg

I would say its at least 220v as for phase need to know how many wires there can be attached from main power. open the cover where the plug comes in and take a photo of that, there also might be some model information inside that cover. Also what year is the lathe.

I'm going to guess 3 phase since I see no capacitor.

I would say its at least 220v as for phase need to know how many wires there can be attached from main power. open the cover where the plug comes in and take a photo of that, there also might be some model information inside that cover. Also what year is the lathe.

If that is the original motor with this lathe based on logan's history on the size of lathe its probably a 3/4 hp 1725 rpm motor and as clueless stated most likely a 3 phase one as well.

likely 3-phase, just based on the plug
see how many wires are actually connected inside that plug
also, inside the switch cover should be a bunch of pictures that should help narrow down voltage and phase
-brino

If that is the original motor with this lathe based on logan's history on the size of lathe its probably a 3/4 hp 1725 rpm motor and as clueless stated most likely a 3 phase one as well.
I was wondering if it was original.Should I up-grade to a more modern motor?

On the third picture down behind the rubber cord I believe the tag is. In the picture I think I can see the corner of the tag and a rivet.

Back