Baldor 500 Tool Grinder

mrbreezeet1

Active User
Registered
Hi,
I stole the picture off this group, but I have the very same grinder.
I am missing a table though.
(BTY any one have an extra table laying around for one of these grinders?)
anyways, There is a diamond wheel on one end, and a white wheel on the other side, but I'm pretty sure its the wrong wheel, looks like a wheel that would be on a regular grinder.
I am not sure it is safe to grind on the face of this wheel.
My question is is there a wheel for sale somewhere for grinding HSS, to go on the other side of my grinder.
I am talking about this type of cup grinder, but without the $100.00, $150.00 price tag. looks like this.
https://www.cometsupply.com/mp/NORTON/pm/BALC61/
baldor01 500.jpg

And does it need any type of back up disk of some sort behind it?

You can find a wheel of aluminum oxide on eBay . I believe they are made by a company called camel. I will try to find and check back with info

If you do not have the backing plate that the wheel bolts to you can get them from grizzly.com, but be sure to order the mounting screws(4 of the,) the grizzlies are metric and also you must cut the keyway in it.

I have a late 1950's version of this grinder. I was missing parts, and got them from the Harbor Freight clone parts list. They were an exact fit. I have also seen and bought parts on Ebay (Baldor parts). You have to keep the search on. The wheels you can get at MSC or other sources. I have one white, one diamond.

Ok thanks, I thought I replied to the post before, but don't see it now.
No, I don't think I have the back up disk. There is about a 7/8" nut holding the wheel he has on there, think it's the wrong wheel.
Maybe I'll have to get some pictures of what I have.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

If you do not have the backing plate that the wheel bolts to you can get them from grizzly.com, but be sure to order the mounting screws(4 of the,) the grizzlies are metric and also you must cut the keyway in it.
What does the plate look like?
So it that all I need, the new wheel, the plate and 4 screws and the nut?

I wonder if one could make that plate?
Is it just a steel disk,
Or would I be better to just order it
See I already have to buy a table somewhere.

Last edited:
go to grizzly.com look up parts store(at bottom of page) type in H7762. you will find parts that fit but need to be modified a little sometimes, remember that they are made in china and hardware is metric, I believe the plate was under $15, the nut from grizzly is metric yours is not. I had to remove a few thousands from inside plate hole and modify keyway. Merry Christmas if you need anything post it. More helpful people here than you can imagine.

Back