Back Home...

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
Went to Anna Maria Island on the west coast of Flarda. We go almost every year to stay for a week and if we can afford it we go twice. Wife likes it, I tend to just accept it. Not a beach guy since I burn easily (something in the ancestry with a light skinned guy like I am) and have had several pre-cancerous spot removed from my leg and back. So I avoid the sun as much as I can and use the sun block like it was free and I'm trying to paint my body with it.

Wife swims and suns, we fish (three flounder on this trip is all we caught) and I take and 'sweep' the beach with my metal detector (she bought me the metal detector several years ago to make sure I don't get bored and say "We're Going Home Woman!" [like that would work!]) trying to find lost change, gee gaws and other stuff. Don't find much most of the time, just some pocket change this time, but did find a silver ankle bracelet one time. My oldest daughter absconded with that when I showed it to her.

Now We're back I will start (re-start) projects waiting in the shop/shed and maybe even clean-up/straighten-up again. Finish the lamp for the middle daughter, make another bolt pen for a 'friend' and make a holder for the 5C collets, etc.

Go back to work again should be on that list but I'm trying not to think about it. Well on the good side, only four more months and I'll be retiring...unless they make me an offer I can't refuse. It'll make room for younger 'new blood' to enter the fray. What'll I do with all the time? Hmmmm?

Back