Atlas Shaper

That's a nice one. They sure have come up in price.
Is that the later one with the oil pump?

Yeah, if you want a small shaper, that’s a nice one, with vise even. Be interesting to see what it fetches.

That's a nice one. They sure have come up in price.
Is that the later one with the oil pump?
Atlas never had an oil pump. AFAIK the only small shaper with an oil pump was the South Bend. It is still early in the auction but $600 is cheap for an Atlas. It is certainly not the greatest shaper but the good thing is there’s always parts around because there were so many made. The absolute best thing about this action was the last frame of the detail pics. Turns out the sellers Dad was planning on restoring it and had collected an array of NOS parts. One of which is a ratchet box. He has said he will sell it to me through direct auction.

Huge THANK YOU NCJeeper for posting this as I’ve been trolling for a new ratchet box for several years now and this was a boon.

Atlas never had an oil pump. AFAIK the only small shaper with an oil pump was the South Bend
My mistake, I was watching Mr. Pete's video where he mentions the oil pump. I thought it was the Atlas.

A nice looking machine. The only thing I spotted missing was the link to the ratchet stepper. But at that price today, a piece of strap would do.

Back