Atlas Molo Trivia

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Recently I stumbled across yet another variant among the several that all say "Copyright 1937" on the copyright page. This one is identical to the plastic bound 1937V4 or 1937V5 except that the Threading section covers only the Atlas 612 and 618 (and would be fine with a 101.07301 except that the one photograph of the change gears end shows a Timken bearing headstock). The pages are numbered 1 through 61 instead of being in sequence.

To avoid confusing people by renumbering all of the subsequent versions, I am going to call it V46.

My guess is that it was only printed in 1946 as it appears that the 612 model which it mentions was dropped in 1947. There is also a good chance that there was one printed that specifically covered the 101.07301. I don't want to buy one to find out but Ozark Woodworker sells just a threading supplement for 6" that says Sears instead of Atlas. They don't say whether it was scanned from a loose supplement or from that section in a complete MOLO. But as the threading section otherwise is organized the same as the ones on the Atlas 10F and Sears 12" versions, there probably were loose supplements on the Atlas and Sears 6" models printed.

I'm still looking for a copy of the glue and staple bound V0 to turn up.

Back