Atlas Mill Followed Me Home

I recognize the Allen-Bradley name as very high quality...at least they used to be...20 something years ago when I worked on a production line they built all the big programmable logic controllers that were used.
-brino

looks good all round, nice to get things that are not under a couple inches of dirt and grease! Would really like to see more pictures of the Atlas mill when you get it in place. Mine is the same model but I see some items on yours that are missing on mine.
Rodney

I recognize the Allen-Bradley name as very high quality...at least they used to be...20 something years ago when I worked on a production line they built all the big programmable logic controllers that were used.
-brino
Allen-Bradley still has a very good name among control engineers, which is related to my field. Bandits were available in different versions. I'm not holding my breath, but the servo motors might be something I would be interested in. I'm honestly wondering what it would take just to replace the ballscrews in the Harbor Freight with acme screws and take it back to being a manual mill.

looks good all round, nice to get things that are not under a couple inches of dirt and grease! Would really like to see more pictures of the Atlas mill when you get it in place. Mine is the same model but I see some items on yours that are missing on mine.
Rodney
Rodney,
I'll take several from different angles sometime this coming week. I'm no expert but I'd be happy to take specific pictures if you want.

Thanks Steve,
Nothing specific but I'm new to the machining world and just want to see if my machine may be missing some items. For example there appears to be a tool holder above the opening to the spindle for the belt to pass through on yours that I don't have, mine has the bolt holes but nothing mounted there

Thanks Steve,
Nothing specific but I'm new to the machining world and just want to see if my machine may be missing some items. For example there appears to be a tool holder above the opening to the spindle for the belt to pass through on yours that I don't have, mine has the bolt holes but nothing mounted there
Rodney,

Be sure to check the downloads pages for period Atlas catalogs. There are a couple and you can quickly see how many accessories were available "way back then." Apparently some weren't real big sellers because they almost never show up for sale... others just seem to break or wear out, so they're also hard to find.

Froggie

Thanks Steve,
Those two holes are used to mount an oil feed tube bracket, either from the gravity-drip oil tank, or from the internal oil pump that goes into the back of the mill at the bottom or other coolant pump system. Both type systems are add-on accessories and today very rare.

Spiral_Chips

Back