Atlas Mill Followed Me Home

Steve Shannon

Rocketgeek
H-M Supporter Gold Member
bd9a3b2fdc3ca1bca6177fcbca9806c5.jpg
This morning I found an ad in the paper for an Atlas horizontal mill and a South Bend shaper for what I thought was a good price. So I went to see them. For only a few hundred more than the advertised price he threw in a small disassembled vertical mill, which may be from Enco (I'll know more tomorrow but supposedly it already has ballscrews for CNC. The Atlas rode home in the cargo area of my 4-Runner, as shown above. I'll pick up and photograph the shaper and vertical mill tomorrow.
I'm delighted.

Steve Shannon

Careful, first the tooling and accessories multiply, then more machines seemingly appear from nowhere. It's a slippery slope! Maybe you should just let one of us have that mill before you become totally addicted. :rolleyes:

Congrats!
Froggie

Congrats, sounds like quite the score. The mill looks very complete, and a shaper. Color me jealous. Mike

Congrats on the SCORE! LOL..
If the next machines look as good as the H.Mill... Yep, I'm jealous!

Nice! Congratulations! Parts for the Atlas are fairly plentiful and not to too badly priced. You can find most everything on eBay.

A stand for the mill is also part of what I purchased, but I haven't seen it, so I'm unsure what it is, whether it's original or not.
The SB shaper looks like it's in great shape. I got to see both it and the Atlas mill run. Some parts on the Atlas mill have been repainted and there is a small chip in the corner of the base of the mill, but nothing too disturbing.

Steve Shannon, P.E.

That is the original 16-speed model. The MFA had 12 speeds and the B and C only 8. I thought that I was lucky to find an MFA in decent condition.

Congratulations Steve!
Will we get some pictures of the shaper too?

-brino

Back